D resser-Methven Funeral Home began when Swedish immigrant Andrew Erickson opened an undertaking and furniture business on Union Street in 1912. Erickson operated the businesses solo for a number of years but as the Mora area continued to expand, he found himself in need of help. In 1922 Claude Dresser was hired. In 1934 a separate building for the mortuary was built on Maple Avenue - its current location.
In 1939, Claude purchased the furniture and funeral business from Andrew. In 1948 Chisholm, MN native George Olson was hired to take over the duties of funeral director. When Claude retired in 1951, George purchased the funeral, furniture, and a flower and gift business.
After over thirty years in the funeral industry, George Olson retired in 1983. The funeral home was then sold to Peter Methven who also had the funeral businesses in Hinckley and Sandstone, MN. After over 95 years, Peter remains only the fourth owner of the business Andrew Erickson began.